1770s Restored Historic Colonial Home in Campeche, Mexico
Event Venue & Vacation Apartments
Enjoy all the modern amenities with the aura of a historic home. The apartments at La Casa Rosal are new studio apartments across the lawn from the main colonial structure which dates back to pre-1774 in one of the oldest Barrios of the city. They have a private entrance and are located inside the walled property.
Your hosts speak English and Spanish and have lived in Mexico 14 years. They are a wealth of information about the local area and the Yucatan Peninsula.
Your accommodations include access to the garden, pool (cleaned daily) and back porch of the casa Antigua as well as free bicycle use. Free high-speed wifi. Free parking. The apartment kitchenette has a stove top and mini refrigerator. Perfect for couples.
La Casa Rosal is within walking distance to local market and downtown shopping/ restaurants as well as Campeche's many museums, forts, and musical theaters. Situated two blocks from the historic walled city of Campeche, famous for her European and Mayan history and 1700s pirate attacks, enjoy an authentic Mexican barrio experience, complete with a store on the corner with snacks/drinks and the city bus stop ½ block away.
Walk 3 blocks to the north and you'll arrive at the Iglesia de Guadalupe, the 2nd most important church in Mexico dedicated to the Virgin of Guadalupe, or continue 5 minutes down the road to the west to see the first church built in the New World, the Iglesia de San Francisco, where Hernán Cortez's son was baptized.
- 4km from the Campeche (CPE) international airport
- 150 km from the Merida (MID), Yucatan International airport
- 10 min from the walled city of Campeche and her 6 museums
- 10 min from the Fuerte de San Jose arms museum
- 20 min from the Fuerte de San Miguel Mayan museum
- 10 min from the light and sound show in the main Cathedral Square (weekends at dusk)
- 10 min from the city center and shopping/restaurants
- 5 min from the local food/goods outdoor market
- 5 min from the Malecón, a 10 km boardwalk along the coast w/ statues and exercise parks
- 5 min from the Convention Center: Centro de Convenciones y Exposiciones Campeche XXI
- 5 min from Wal-Mart, Sams Club and Home Depot
- 10 min from the Galerías Mall and Starbucks
Languages spoken: English, Spanish
Event Venue/ Salon de Eventos
A beautiful historic setting in which to celebrate your most special day, La Casa Rosal can accommodate celebrations of up to 50 people in indoor or outdoor spaces. Please inquire at the phone number below for venue booking information and availability.